Showtime series Queer as Folk to be honored by GSociety Inc.
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 17 2001 1:00 AM ET
GSociety Inc., parent company of GayWired.com and LesbiaNation.com, will be honoring Showtimes gay-saturated series Queer as Folk at a martini reception taking place at New Yorks Paramount Hotel on March 19, reports Entertainment Wire. GSociety CEO Paul Yates says, Queer as Folk is a brave, realistic, and graphic portrayal of gay life and love that has never been seen before on American television. Showtime has created a new and powerful look into contemporary gay life, and we are proud to recognize the contribution of this show and this company. Slated to attend the event, along with business and political leaders from the gay and lesbian community, is former U.S. senator from Wyoming Alan K. Simpson. Simpson, who sits on the GSociety board of directors, has worked with many gay and lesbian organizations since the brutal murder of Matthew Shepard in his home state.
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: CIA Contractor Details Antigay Harassment by Colleagues in War Zone
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic