Showtime series Queer as Folk to be honored by GSociety Inc.
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 17 2001 12:00 AM ET
GSociety Inc., parent company of GayWired.com and LesbiaNation.com, will be honoring Showtimes gay-saturated series Queer as Folk at a martini reception taking place at New Yorks Paramount Hotel on March 19, reports Entertainment Wire. GSociety CEO Paul Yates says, Queer as Folk is a brave, realistic, and graphic portrayal of gay life and love that has never been seen before on American television. Showtime has created a new and powerful look into contemporary gay life, and we are proud to recognize the contribution of this show and this company. Slated to attend the event, along with business and political leaders from the gay and lesbian community, is former U.S. senator from Wyoming Alan K. Simpson. Simpson, who sits on the GSociety board of directors, has worked with many gay and lesbian organizations since the brutal murder of Matthew Shepard in his home state.
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations 1 hour 4 min ago
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM