Showtime series Queer as Folk to be honored by GSociety Inc.
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 17 2001 1:00 AM ET
GSociety Inc., parent company of GayWired.com and LesbiaNation.com, will be honoring Showtimes gay-saturated series Queer as Folk at a martini reception taking place at New Yorks Paramount Hotel on March 19, reports Entertainment Wire. GSociety CEO Paul Yates says, Queer as Folk is a brave, realistic, and graphic portrayal of gay life and love that has never been seen before on American television. Showtime has created a new and powerful look into contemporary gay life, and we are proud to recognize the contribution of this show and this company. Slated to attend the event, along with business and political leaders from the gay and lesbian community, is former U.S. senator from Wyoming Alan K. Simpson. Simpson, who sits on the GSociety board of directors, has worked with many gay and lesbian organizations since the brutal murder of Matthew Shepard in his home state.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Anonymous Boy Scouts Employee Says Antigay Policy Hurts Business
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 5 min 2 sec ago
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 7 min 34 sec ago
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 52 min 10 sec ago
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 59 min 10 sec ago
- Travel Peace Corps Recognizes, Respects Same-Sex Couples 2 hours 2 min ago
- Women SheWired Shot of the Day: Chloe Sevigny Absolut-ly Sizzles for Elyxr 2 hours 18 min ago
- Crime Arrest Made in Latest Antigay Attack in NYC 2 hours 29 min ago