Showtime series Queer as Folk to be honored by GSociety Inc.
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 17 2001 1:00 AM ET
GSociety Inc., parent company of GayWired.com and LesbiaNation.com, will be honoring Showtimes gay-saturated series Queer as Folk at a martini reception taking place at New Yorks Paramount Hotel on March 19, reports Entertainment Wire. GSociety CEO Paul Yates says, Queer as Folk is a brave, realistic, and graphic portrayal of gay life and love that has never been seen before on American television. Showtime has created a new and powerful look into contemporary gay life, and we are proud to recognize the contribution of this show and this company. Slated to attend the event, along with business and political leaders from the gay and lesbian community, is former U.S. senator from Wyoming Alan K. Simpson. Simpson, who sits on the GSociety board of directors, has worked with many gay and lesbian organizations since the brutal murder of Matthew Shepard in his home state.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself