Truman Capote short story headed for silver screen
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 20 2001 1:00 AM ET
The Hollywood Reporter has announced that the film version of Truman Capotes short story Children on Their Birthdays will begin filming in May. Screenwriter Mark Medoff, who was nominated for an Academy Award in 1987 for his screenplay adaptation of his play Children of a Lesser God, will direct the piece. The story of a little girl who moves to Branchville, Ala., and teams up with new friends to outsmart a con man is said by producer Howard Baldwin to embody universal yet unique themes, which we believe will resonate with a wide variety of moviegoers.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community