Truman Capote short story headed for silver screen
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 20 2001 12:00 AM ET
The Hollywood Reporter has announced that the film version of Truman Capotes short story Children on Their Birthdays will begin filming in May. Screenwriter Mark Medoff, who was nominated for an Academy Award in 1987 for his screenplay adaptation of his play Children of a Lesser God, will direct the piece. The story of a little girl who moves to Branchville, Ala., and teams up with new friends to outsmart a con man is said by producer Howard Baldwin to embody universal yet unique themes, which we believe will resonate with a wide variety of moviegoers.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor
- Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit December 09 2013 9:41 PM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM