Gay TV to launch under another name
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 22 2001 12:00 AM ET
Gay Television Network, originally scheduled to launch last November under that name, will now be launching on April 4 as the Triangle Television Network (TTN). Southern Voice reports that protest over the original name (and apparently without irony) came from their satellite carrier, Dish Network. Executives at Dish objected to using the word gay in promotional materials, so TTN founder Frank Olson decided that to make compromise so we could get things moving forward, we compromised to call it the Triangle Television Network. TTN claims to have 4,000 subscribers signed up for the service, which will cost an additional $19.95 per month to Dish Network subscribers.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6