Portraying Billie Jean King exhausted Holly Hunter
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 29 2001 1:00 AM ET
Having never played sports growing up, Holly Hunter had to undergo a four-month training period with 1974 Wimbledon doubles champion Peggy Michel to portray Billie Jean King in the upcoming ABC film When Billie Beat Bobby, directed by out lesbian Jane Anderson (If These Walls Could Talk 2). Hunter says she was exhausted after the first month. We havent seen too many women athletes portrayed on film, Hunter said, I thought, What a great opportunity to use my whole body. Going through five days a week proved to be daunting for Hunter, but she says, I kind of broke through that and started feeling I was in the best shape of my life. That was intoxicatingto feel capable. When Billie Beat Bobby airs April 16 on ABC.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Gov. Mike Pence: 'This Is a Perception Problem'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument