First Years axed after three episodes
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 04 2001 11:00 PM ET
First Years, an NBC dramedy notable primarily for the presence of the out gay character played by Mackenzie Astin, has been dropped after only three airings, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Apparently the competitionAlly McBeal on Fox and Everybody Loves Raymond on CBSproved too formidable. Astin, however, will not be absent for long from the flickering small screen; Variety reports that he has already signed on to star in an untitled comedy pilot for NBC.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'