First Years axed after three episodes
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
First Years, an NBC dramedy notable primarily for the presence of the out gay character played by Mackenzie Astin, has been dropped after only three airings, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Apparently the competitionAlly McBeal on Fox and Everybody Loves Raymond on CBSproved too formidable. Astin, however, will not be absent for long from the flickering small screen; Variety reports that he has already signed on to star in an untitled comedy pilot for NBC.
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant