First Years axed after three episodes
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
First Years, an NBC dramedy notable primarily for the presence of the out gay character played by Mackenzie Astin, has been dropped after only three airings, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Apparently the competitionAlly McBeal on Fox and Everybody Loves Raymond on CBSproved too formidable. Astin, however, will not be absent for long from the flickering small screen; Variety reports that he has already signed on to star in an untitled comedy pilot for NBC.
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too