First Years axed after three episodes
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 04 2001 11:00 PM ET
First Years, an NBC dramedy notable primarily for the presence of the out gay character played by Mackenzie Astin, has been dropped after only three airings, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Apparently the competitionAlly McBeal on Fox and Everybody Loves Raymond on CBSproved too formidable. Astin, however, will not be absent for long from the flickering small screen; Variety reports that he has already signed on to star in an untitled comedy pilot for NBC.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'