Gay comic strip Janes World picked up by United Features
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2001 12:00 AM ET
The lesbian-themed comic strip Janes World, which so far has run only in gay publications, will be given a trial run on the United Features Web site, according to the gay professional newsletter Press Pass Q. The vice president of comics and graphics for United Media, Amy Lago, says the strip will begin running on Comics.com on May 8 to see whether interest can be generated in the mainstream press. Lago confesses, I honestly havent got a clue. I do know there are a lot of markets that will say they wont be interested, but I think we might have some major metros and alternatives. Whether theres enough interest to support it remains to be seen. Creator Paige Braddock, who also works as a creative director for Charles Schulzs studio, hopes the strip will become the Ellen of the comics page. Braddock says, Its like a snapshot of who your circle of friends might be, how screwed up their lives areits not very political.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series