Creek to feature kiss, not a peck
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 02 2001 12:00 AM ET
This years long-awaited boy-boy kiss on Dawsons Creek between restless teens Jack (Kerr Smith) and Tobey (David Monahan) is definitely not going to be like last years hurried peck, says USA Today. Scott Seomin of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation says, I timed it. Its like a 5 1/2-second mouth-to-mouth kiss. We havent seen anything like this before on network TV. The gesture promises to provoke a response from the usual quarters. Heather Cirmo of the Family Research Council in Washington, D.C., states The first kiss was disturbing enough, and she voices a fear that this years smooch will damage impressionable teens who have questions about their sexuality by promoting a myth that homosexuality is something youre born with. Greg Berlanti, executive producer of the show, responds, Its certainly not a myth, and I think a lot of kids out there deserve to see positive images of who and what they are. I watched millions of teenagers kiss on TV growing up, and it didnt make me straight. The episode airs Wednesday night, May 2 (check local listings).
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- In Protesting Irish Marriage Victory, Westboro Gets the Flag Wrong
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun