Wasteland picked up by Showtime Next
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 02 2001 12:00 AM ET
Wasteland, a series depicting post-collegiate life for a group of six friendsone of whom is gayhas been picked up to run in its entirety on the cable network Showtime Next, which is targeted to viewers 18 to 24. The show initially had a short run on ABC. Wasteland is the creation of gay director Kevin Williamson, who is also responsible for both Dawsons Creek and the Scream films. The cast includes Marisa Coughlin (Teaching Mrs. Tingle), Rebecca Gayheart (Scream 2), Sasha Alexander (Man on the Moon), Brad Rowe (Billys Hollywood Screen Kiss), Eddie Mill (Dawsons Creek), and Dan Montgomery (Little Death). The series will begin to air in June and will include 10 episodes not seen before.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana