American Beauty scribe shows dark side in Six Feet Under
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
FoxNews.com reports that openly gay writer Alan Ball is exacting a small revenge in his new HBO show about the funeral industry, Six Feet Under. Though Ball will not confirm it personally, production staff from the show agree that the character of Mr. Bloomberg, who ends up being terribly disfigured on a funeral parlor table, was not randomly named. The moniker was apparently bestowed in honor of the man who canceled Balls ABC sitcom Oh Grow Up last year, Stu Bloomberg.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'