American Beauty scribe shows dark side in Six Feet Under
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
FoxNews.com reports that openly gay writer Alan Ball is exacting a small revenge in his new HBO show about the funeral industry, Six Feet Under. Though Ball will not confirm it personally, production staff from the show agree that the character of Mr. Bloomberg, who ends up being terribly disfigured on a funeral parlor table, was not randomly named. The moniker was apparently bestowed in honor of the man who canceled Balls ABC sitcom Oh Grow Up last year, Stu Bloomberg.
- Op-ed: Orange Is the New Black Proves to Be the Model of Queer TV
- #TBT: WWII and the Buddy System
- Laverne Cox: The Making of an Icon
- BREAKING: Denver Now Issuing Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
- Which LGBT Icon Deserves a Biopic?
- Orange is the New Black Earns 12 Emmy Nominations, Laverne Cox Makes History