American Beauty scribe shows dark side in Six Feet Under
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
FoxNews.com reports that openly gay writer Alan Ball is exacting a small revenge in his new HBO show about the funeral industry, Six Feet Under. Though Ball will not confirm it personally, production staff from the show agree that the character of Mr. Bloomberg, who ends up being terribly disfigured on a funeral parlor table, was not randomly named. The moniker was apparently bestowed in honor of the man who canceled Balls ABC sitcom Oh Grow Up last year, Stu Bloomberg.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- After Years of Hiding in Hollywood, Trans Actress Trace Lysette Is Finally 'Living Out Loud'
- WATCH: 'Reporting Tonight: Thomas Roberts,' First Out Gay Man To Anchor Network News
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation