Michael Stipe comes out, sort of
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 15 2001 12:00 AM ET
REM band member Michael Stipe revealed in an interview with Time magazine that hes been in a relationship with an amazing man for the past three years, although he will not identify the man other than to say he is not a celebrity. Stipe says he now feels comfortable discussing his sexuality and describing himself as a queer artist. Stipe had previously waffled on the topic of his sexuality and would only go so far as to say that he had engaged in relationships with both men and women. While this new revelation falls short of full disclosure, several media outlets have interpreted this latest interview as Stipes official coming-out.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination