Michael Stipe comes out, sort of
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 15 2001 12:00 AM ET
REM band member Michael Stipe revealed in an interview with Time magazine that hes been in a relationship with an amazing man for the past three years, although he will not identify the man other than to say he is not a celebrity. Stipe says he now feels comfortable discussing his sexuality and describing himself as a queer artist. Stipe had previously waffled on the topic of his sexuality and would only go so far as to say that he had engaged in relationships with both men and women. While this new revelation falls short of full disclosure, several media outlets have interpreted this latest interview as Stipes official coming-out.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend
- Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope'
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope' 1 hour 39 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 4:00 AM
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM