Queer as Folk actress hopes for more lesbian story lines
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 24 2001 12:00 AM ET
In an interview with TV Guide Online, Michelle Clunie, who plays half of the lesbian couple on Showtimes Queer as Folk, expressed a desire to see the roles of the women on the show expanded, saying, Im really pushing to have some lesbian friends come on the show so its not just us in our pajamas with the men popping by to see us. Clunie realizes its a tough position, though, since the men outnumber us on the show five to two, so if you divide it up, of course the men are going to have more airtime. Still, shes grateful for what shes working with, noting, This season we keep getting more story lines, which is a wonderful thing. An unexpected benefit of the show is the number of gay men offering to have the actresss children, a gesture she takes as a huge compliment!
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Demi Lovato Falls Promoting Bi-Curious Anthem, Embraces Accident with Video Post