Andrew Fleming to direct American Princess
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 30 2001 12:00 AM ET
The Hollywood Reporter reports that gay writer-director Andrew Fleming will be directing the upcoming fairy-tale romance American Princess for New Line Cinema. The period film is about an English peasant girl who dreams of being a princess but is sent to the United States as an indentured servant after being caught dressing up in the queens clothing. Fleming last directed the independent film Santa Monica Boulevard as well as Dick and Threesome. The Miramax film Kate and Leopold, which he cowrote, is currently in production.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.