Royal relative seeks money for sex change from Prince Edward
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 30 2001 12:00 AM ET
The New York Post reports that the unwittingly entertaining couple Sophie Rhys-Jones and Prince Edward (who, we remind you, is not gay, according to his wife) are back in the tabloids again. This time its her 71-year-old uncle, Thane Bettany, whos responsible. While Rhys-Jones reportedly has no trouble with her favorite uncles being gay, she considers his recent decision to have a sex-change operation to be over the top, according to a friend. Due to Bettanys age, the national health system will not foot the bill for the operation, so he is apparently making noise about perhaps having Prince Edward pay for it. Edward, meanwhile, has cash troubles of his own, because his film production company, Ardent, is being sued by an actor over a TV series idea the plaintiff claims was stolen from him.
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend