Royal relative seeks money for sex change from Prince Edward
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 30 2001 12:00 AM ET
The New York Post reports that the unwittingly entertaining couple Sophie Rhys-Jones and Prince Edward (who, we remind you, is not gay, according to his wife) are back in the tabloids again. This time its her 71-year-old uncle, Thane Bettany, whos responsible. While Rhys-Jones reportedly has no trouble with her favorite uncles being gay, she considers his recent decision to have a sex-change operation to be over the top, according to a friend. Due to Bettanys age, the national health system will not foot the bill for the operation, so he is apparently making noise about perhaps having Prince Edward pay for it. Edward, meanwhile, has cash troubles of his own, because his film production company, Ardent, is being sued by an actor over a TV series idea the plaintiff claims was stolen from him.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Antigay Group's Ad Tells Supreme Court: Marriage 'God's Alone to Decide'