Stephen Gately dropped by label
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
The British tabloid News of the World reports that gay pop star Stephen Gately has been dropped by his record label, Polydor. The company apparently felt that Gatelys career has not been going according to plan. The singer is now going to pursue non-pop related projects, among them a guest spot on the new edition of Absolutely Fabulous.
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'