Stephen Gately dropped by label
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
The British tabloid News of the World reports that gay pop star Stephen Gately has been dropped by his record label, Polydor. The company apparently felt that Gatelys career has not been going according to plan. The singer is now going to pursue non-pop related projects, among them a guest spot on the new edition of Absolutely Fabulous.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign