David Sedaris names price, gets it
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2001 11:00 PM ET
At a recent reading from his latest book, Me Talk Pretty One Day, in the San Francisco Bay area, gay humorist David Sedaris broke out a tip jar for those in attendance who wanted books by other authors or towels signed, according to SFGate.com. After the reading, a woman asked him to do his distinctive Billie Holiday impression, something Sedaris said he would do for, oh, $50. The woman whipped out three 20s and made correct change from the tip jar. Sedaris complied, tossing in the Oscar Mayer theme song for good measure.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Op-ed: Separate or Together?
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM