David Sedaris names price, gets it
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2001 12:00 AM ET
At a recent reading from his latest book, Me Talk Pretty One Day, in the San Francisco Bay area, gay humorist David Sedaris broke out a tip jar for those in attendance who wanted books by other authors or towels signed, according to SFGate.com. After the reading, a woman asked him to do his distinctive Billie Holiday impression, something Sedaris said he would do for, oh, $50. The woman whipped out three 20s and made correct change from the tip jar. Sedaris complied, tossing in the Oscar Mayer theme song for good measure.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'