David Sedaris names price, gets it
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2001 11:00 PM ET
At a recent reading from his latest book, Me Talk Pretty One Day, in the San Francisco Bay area, gay humorist David Sedaris broke out a tip jar for those in attendance who wanted books by other authors or towels signed, according to SFGate.com. After the reading, a woman asked him to do his distinctive Billie Holiday impression, something Sedaris said he would do for, oh, $50. The woman whipped out three 20s and made correct change from the tip jar. Sedaris complied, tossing in the Oscar Mayer theme song for good measure.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'