David Sedaris names price, gets it
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2001 12:00 AM ET
At a recent reading from his latest book, Me Talk Pretty One Day, in the San Francisco Bay area, gay humorist David Sedaris broke out a tip jar for those in attendance who wanted books by other authors or towels signed, according to SFGate.com. After the reading, a woman asked him to do his distinctive Billie Holiday impression, something Sedaris said he would do for, oh, $50. The woman whipped out three 20s and made correct change from the tip jar. Sedaris complied, tossing in the Oscar Mayer theme song for good measure.
- Op-ed: Burning Books, One Word at a Time
- Op-ed: Why Do Kids Anger So Many Gay Men?
- James Franco Calls Gay NYT Theater Critic a 'Little Bitch'
- WATCH: PBS Showcases Queer Aspects of Cosplay
- The Passion of Christ: A Gay Vision
- WATCH: UMass Rally Shouts Down Westboro’s Attempted Picket of Derrick Gordon