Wigstock to pack up its heels and marabou after this year
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 04 2001 12:00 AM ET
In his Village Voice column, gay gadabout Michael Musto reports that the drag festival Wigstock will be no more after this years event. Apparently the all-day affair is simply becoming too difficult to mount. The final celebration of sequins and heels will take place September 2 at Pier 54 in New York. For further information call (212) 439-5139 or visit the festival Web site at http://www.wigstock.nu/.
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- PHOTOS: Amsterdam Canal Pride