Wigstock to pack up its heels and marabou after this year
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 03 2001 11:00 PM ET
In his Village Voice column, gay gadabout Michael Musto reports that the drag festival Wigstock will be no more after this years event. Apparently the all-day affair is simply becoming too difficult to mount. The final celebration of sequins and heels will take place September 2 at Pier 54 in New York. For further information call (212) 439-5139 or visit the festival Web site at http://www.wigstock.nu/.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson