Wigstock to pack up its heels and marabou after this year
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 04 2001 12:00 AM ET
In his Village Voice column, gay gadabout Michael Musto reports that the drag festival Wigstock will be no more after this years event. Apparently the all-day affair is simply becoming too difficult to mount. The final celebration of sequins and heels will take place September 2 at Pier 54 in New York. For further information call (212) 439-5139 or visit the festival Web site at http://www.wigstock.nu/.
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy