Joan Collins has a lesbian in her book too
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 11 2001 12:00 AM ET
Actress Joan Collins, sister of author Jackie Collins (Hollywood Wives: The New Generation), will have her new novel, Star Quality, published in London September 3, according to the New York Post. The book follows four generations of actresses, the first a music hall performer on the London stage in 1900. Collins claims, I know this world because my aunts fathers sisters performed in British music halls. Skip two generations and we get to the Hollywood pinups daughter, a lesbian, very much of our time, utterly unlike the others in her family, shocking in her own way, who becomes a TV star. How this too is a world she knows is a point on which the actress remains mute, though she is on record declaring, I am definitely not the lesbian.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut