New Albee play to debut on Broadway
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 17 2001 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that the latest effort of Pulitzer Prizewinning gay playwright Edward AlbeeThe Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?is slated to open in a Broadway house next year. Albees most recent plays, The Play About the Baby and Three Tall Women, both opened in off-Broadway houses. There has been no announcement about casting, but the production will be under the direction of David Esbjornson, who also directed The Play About the Baby. If all goes according to plan, The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia? will open in spring 2002.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View