New Albee play to debut on Broadway
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 18 2001 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that the latest effort of Pulitzer Prizewinning gay playwright Edward AlbeeThe Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?is slated to open in a Broadway house next year. Albees most recent plays, The Play About the Baby and Three Tall Women, both opened in off-Broadway houses. There has been no announcement about casting, but the production will be under the direction of David Esbjornson, who also directed The Play About the Baby. If all goes according to plan, The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia? will open in spring 2002.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community