Little Women airs in L.A.
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 31 2001 12:00 AM ET
Little Women, a new opera featuring score and libretto by openly gay composer Mark Adamo, airs on Los Angeles's KCET-TV on PBS's Great Performances Friday, August 31, having premiered earlier this week in several other major markets. This adaptation of the Louisa May Alcott novel, about the March sisters and their search for love and happiness, has been hailed as a new American classic. Great Performances airs at 9 p.m. Pacific time.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
- Same-Sex Kiss in Comic Inspired by Real-World Controversy
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 1 hour 19 min ago
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 1 hour 59 min ago
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality May 20 2013 7:00 PM
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay May 20 2013 6:48 PM