Little Women airs in L.A.
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 31 2001 12:00 AM ET
Little Women, a new opera featuring score and libretto by openly gay composer Mark Adamo, airs on Los Angeles's KCET-TV on PBS's Great Performances Friday, August 31, having premiered earlier this week in several other major markets. This adaptation of the Louisa May Alcott novel, about the March sisters and their search for love and happiness, has been hailed as a new American classic. Great Performances airs at 9 p.m. Pacific time.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- Op-ed: They're Trans, They're Hispanic, and They've Changed This World
- Op-ed: The Long, Powerful History Between Labor and LGBT Activists