Female chefs cook for charity at L.A.'s "Great Dish"
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 22 2001 12:00 AM ET
Some of Los Angeles's finest female chefs, caterers, and restaurateurs will show off their culinary skills at "Great Dish," an event benefiting women's services at the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center. Participating chefs include Susan Feniger of Border Grill (and the cohost of the TV cooking show Too Hot Tamales), Brooke Williamson of Zax, Allyson Thurber of the Lobster, Shari Robins of James' Beach, Terri Buzzard of the Getty Center, and many more. Proceeds will help support the Gay and Lesbian Center's women's services, including primary medical care, mental health services, legal services, domestic violence counseling, family services, and special programs for lesbian and gay youth and seniors. The food-tasting event takes place from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday, September 23, at the Ultra Suede Lounge, 661 N. Robertson Blvd. in West Hollywood, Calif. Tickets are $60; call (323) 993-7690 for more information.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout 13 min 55 sec ago
- Current Issue A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World 48 min 6 sec ago
- Current Issue A Home of Our Own 48 min 6 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT 48 min 16 sec ago
- World News Marriage Equality Appeal Headed to Brazil's Supreme Court 1:06 AM
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader May 21 2013 10:04 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? May 21 2013 10:00 PM