Female chefs cook for charity at L.A.'s "Great Dish"
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 22 2001 12:00 AM ET
Some of Los Angeles's finest female chefs, caterers, and restaurateurs will show off their culinary skills at "Great Dish," an event benefiting women's services at the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center. Participating chefs include Susan Feniger of Border Grill (and the cohost of the TV cooking show Too Hot Tamales), Brooke Williamson of Zax, Allyson Thurber of the Lobster, Shari Robins of James' Beach, Terri Buzzard of the Getty Center, and many more. Proceeds will help support the Gay and Lesbian Center's women's services, including primary medical care, mental health services, legal services, domestic violence counseling, family services, and special programs for lesbian and gay youth and seniors. The food-tasting event takes place from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday, September 23, at the Ultra Suede Lounge, 661 N. Robertson Blvd. in West Hollywood, Calif. Tickets are $60; call (323) 993-7690 for more information.
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- After Elimination: Vivacious of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
- Op-ed: No One Is Invincible
- From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark 48 min 58 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang 1 hour 2 min ago
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? 1 hour 15 min ago
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested 1 hour 55 min ago
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' 2 hours 56 min ago
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed 4:34 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' 4:25 PM