Female chefs cook for charity at L.A.'s "Great Dish"
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 22 2001 12:00 AM ET
Some of Los Angeles's finest female chefs, caterers, and restaurateurs will show off their culinary skills at "Great Dish," an event benefiting women's services at the Los Angeles Gay and Lesbian Center. Participating chefs include Susan Feniger of Border Grill (and the cohost of the TV cooking show Too Hot Tamales), Brooke Williamson of Zax, Allyson Thurber of the Lobster, Shari Robins of James' Beach, Terri Buzzard of the Getty Center, and many more. Proceeds will help support the Gay and Lesbian Center's women's services, including primary medical care, mental health services, legal services, domestic violence counseling, family services, and special programs for lesbian and gay youth and seniors. The food-tasting event takes place from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday, September 23, at the Ultra Suede Lounge, 661 N. Robertson Blvd. in West Hollywood, Calif. Tickets are $60; call (323) 993-7690 for more information.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Do You Hear 'Girl Men' or 'Guru Men?' 1 hour 5 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 7:00 AM
- Television The Brains Behind Husbands 6:03 AM
- Tyler Curry The 'Undetectable' Paradox in Talking About HIV 6:00 AM
- Current Issue Meet the New Voice for Dallas 4:00 AM
- Books New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families May 23 2013 8:17 PM
- Commentary Op-ed: Boy Scouts Must Complete the Inclusion Process May 23 2013 7:32 PM