Sweetie authors raise money at Barneys
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 28 2001 12:00 AM ET
Mark Welsh and his dog Sweetie, the authors of the new book Sweetie: From the Gutter to the Runway, will appear in the windows of Barneys locations across America to promote the book, and all proceeds from the events will be donated to the search and rescue dogs at the World Trade Center. (Welsh's life partner, and Sweetie's coparent, is out designer John Bartlett.) The pair will visit Barneys in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Friday, September 28, 3-6 p.m., and again on Saturday, September 29, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. From there, it's on to Seattle; Chicago; Chestnut Hill, Mass.; Manhassett, N.Y.; and New York City. Check local listings for appearance dates.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- 'God's Not Afraid of New Things,' Pope Tells Antigay Bishops