Sweetie authors raise money at Barneys
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 27 2001 11:00 PM ET
Mark Welsh and his dog Sweetie, the authors of the new book Sweetie: From the Gutter to the Runway, will appear in the windows of Barneys locations across America to promote the book, and all proceeds from the events will be donated to the search and rescue dogs at the World Trade Center. (Welsh's life partner, and Sweetie's coparent, is out designer John Bartlett.) The pair will visit Barneys in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Friday, September 28, 3-6 p.m., and again on Saturday, September 29, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. From there, it's on to Seattle; Chicago; Chestnut Hill, Mass.; Manhassett, N.Y.; and New York City. Check local listings for appearance dates.
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet