Sweetie authors raise money at Barneys
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 28 2001 12:00 AM ET
Mark Welsh and his dog Sweetie, the authors of the new book Sweetie: From the Gutter to the Runway, will appear in the windows of Barneys locations across America to promote the book, and all proceeds from the events will be donated to the search and rescue dogs at the World Trade Center. (Welsh's life partner, and Sweetie's coparent, is out designer John Bartlett.) The pair will visit Barneys in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Friday, September 28, 3-6 p.m., and again on Saturday, September 29, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. From there, it's on to Seattle; Chicago; Chestnut Hill, Mass.; Manhassett, N.Y.; and New York City. Check local listings for appearance dates.
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- In Op-ed, Indiana Governor Claims New Law Not Discriminatory