Sweetie authors raise money at Barneys
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 28 2001 12:00 AM ET
Mark Welsh and his dog Sweetie, the authors of the new book Sweetie: From the Gutter to the Runway, will appear in the windows of Barneys locations across America to promote the book, and all proceeds from the events will be donated to the search and rescue dogs at the World Trade Center. (Welsh's life partner, and Sweetie's coparent, is out designer John Bartlett.) The pair will visit Barneys in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Friday, September 28, 3-6 p.m., and again on Saturday, September 29, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. From there, it's on to Seattle; Chicago; Chestnut Hill, Mass.; Manhassett, N.Y.; and New York City. Check local listings for appearance dates.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 22 Queer One-Hit Wonders From Yesteryear
- Smith College Now Admits Trans Women