San Francisco hosts Queeruption
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 04 2001 12:00 AM ET
Queeruption kicks off in San Francisco on Thursday, October 4, and will feature a weekend of open forums, performances, exhibits, screenings, and actions. The emphasis of the conference is on people's creation of independent culture and the questioning of gay assimilation and commercialism, providing an opportunity for people from a variety of places and backgrounds to share the ways in which they are exploring political action, sex, technology, music, media, spoken word, food, and more. Events will take place in a variety of locations around Oakland, Berkeley, and San Francisco. Previous Queeruptions have taken place in London and New York City. For more information on this year's event, visit www.queeruption.org.
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune