San Francisco hosts Queeruption
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 04 2001 12:00 AM ET
Queeruption kicks off in San Francisco on Thursday, October 4, and will feature a weekend of open forums, performances, exhibits, screenings, and actions. The emphasis of the conference is on people's creation of independent culture and the questioning of gay assimilation and commercialism, providing an opportunity for people from a variety of places and backgrounds to share the ways in which they are exploring political action, sex, technology, music, media, spoken word, food, and more. Events will take place in a variety of locations around Oakland, Berkeley, and San Francisco. Previous Queeruptions have taken place in London and New York City. For more information on this year's event, visit www.queeruption.org.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More More Racist Than Antigay?
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star