MorganScott Ballet remembers Matthew Shepard
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 12 2001 12:00 AM ET
New York's MorganScott Ballet presents "Remembering Matthew Shepard: A Celebration of Love," an event to celebrate the power of love over bigotry and hatred. The program will honor both the memory of Matthew Shepard and the organization's fifth anniversary. Faisal Alam, the founder and director of Al-Fatiha, an international support organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered Muslims, will speak before the program, which takes place Friday, October 12, at 8 p.m. at the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Center; the center is located at 208 W. 13th St. in New York. For reservations call (212) 439-4615.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- Bobby Jindal: Louisiana's Antigay Marriage Bill Isn't About Discrimination