MorganScott Ballet remembers Matthew Shepard
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 12 2001 12:00 AM ET
New York's MorganScott Ballet presents "Remembering Matthew Shepard: A Celebration of Love," an event to celebrate the power of love over bigotry and hatred. The program will honor both the memory of Matthew Shepard and the organization's fifth anniversary. Faisal Alam, the founder and director of Al-Fatiha, an international support organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered Muslims, will speak before the program, which takes place Friday, October 12, at 8 p.m. at the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Community Center; the center is located at 208 W. 13th St. in New York. For reservations call (212) 439-4615.
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'