Gay scribe makes "10 Screenwriters to Watch" list
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 13 2001 12:00 AM ET
Joseph Triebwasser, the openly gay writer of the festival favorite Friends and Family, was chosen by Variety as one of the trade publication's "10 Screenwriters to Watch." Friends and Family is a comedy about two gay hit men trying to hide their mob ties from their respective families. Triebwasser says the idea came as he and his boyfriend spent several months at the bedside of a dying family friend. "We had lots of time on our hands, so we just started talking about happier things, like movies we'd like to make."
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- Op-ed: What Barney Frank Still Gets Wrong on ENDA
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- 5 Times the U.N. Resolved, Then Failed, to End Homophobia Worldwide