Gay scribe makes "10 Screenwriters to Watch" list
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 13 2001 12:00 AM ET
Joseph Triebwasser, the openly gay writer of the festival favorite Friends and Family, was chosen by Variety as one of the trade publication's "10 Screenwriters to Watch." Friends and Family is a comedy about two gay hit men trying to hide their mob ties from their respective families. Triebwasser says the idea came as he and his boyfriend spent several months at the bedside of a dying family friend. "We had lots of time on our hands, so we just started talking about happier things, like movies we'd like to make."
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Federal Judge Rules Florida's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional
- Capitol Hill Staffers Blocked for Antitrans Wikipedia Edits
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.