Gay scribe makes "10 Screenwriters to Watch" list
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 13 2001 12:00 AM ET
Joseph Triebwasser, the openly gay writer of the festival favorite Friends and Family, was chosen by Variety as one of the trade publication's "10 Screenwriters to Watch." Friends and Family is a comedy about two gay hit men trying to hide their mob ties from their respective families. Triebwasser says the idea came as he and his boyfriend spent several months at the bedside of a dying family friend. "We had lots of time on our hands, so we just started talking about happier things, like movies we'd like to make."
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'