New Conservatory Theatre Center performs for teen audiences
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 23 2001 12:00 AM ET
San Francisco's New Conservatory Theatre Center will present public performances of The Other Side of the Closet, Edward Roy's play for teen audiences about gay and lesbian tolerance. The show also deals with issues of peer pressure, youth violence, self-esteem, homophobia, behavior norms and expectations, discrimination and stigmatization, identity, and friendship. Following the public performances October 23-25, the play will tour Northern California schools throughout the fall. All performances of the play are followed by a discussion between actor-educators and the audience. This week's public shows will be held at 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. at the NCTC, 25 Van Ness Ave. near Market. For tickets and information, call (415) 861-4914.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'