New Conservatory Theatre Center performs for teen audiences
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 23 2001 12:00 AM ET
San Francisco's New Conservatory Theatre Center will present public performances of The Other Side of the Closet, Edward Roy's play for teen audiences about gay and lesbian tolerance. The show also deals with issues of peer pressure, youth violence, self-esteem, homophobia, behavior norms and expectations, discrimination and stigmatization, identity, and friendship. Following the public performances October 23-25, the play will tour Northern California schools throughout the fall. All performances of the play are followed by a discussion between actor-educators and the audience. This week's public shows will be held at 10 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. at the NCTC, 25 Van Ness Ave. near Market. For tickets and information, call (415) 861-4914.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer
- Santorum Campaign Low on Funds, Losing Staffers