Leonardo DiCaprio to play Alexander the Great for Martin Scorsese
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2001 12:00 AM ET
Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese, who recently teamed up for the upcoming Gangs of New York, will work together again on a biopic of gay warrior Alexander the Great, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Scorsese will direct DiCaprio in a script written by Peter Buchman (Jurassic Park III) and Oscar-winner Christopher McQuarrie (The Usual Suspects). The film focuses on Alexander, who was crowned king of Macedonia following his father's death, and his ambitions to conquer the world, which ultimately led to his downfall. No date has been set for shooting.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'