Leonardo DiCaprio to play Alexander the Great for Martin Scorsese
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2001 12:00 AM ET
Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese, who recently teamed up for the upcoming Gangs of New York, will work together again on a biopic of gay warrior Alexander the Great, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Scorsese will direct DiCaprio in a script written by Peter Buchman (Jurassic Park III) and Oscar-winner Christopher McQuarrie (The Usual Suspects). The film focuses on Alexander, who was crowned king of Macedonia following his father's death, and his ambitions to conquer the world, which ultimately led to his downfall. No date has been set for shooting.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: Gay People Raising Kids Has Shifted From Downfall to Salvation
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player