Leonardo DiCaprio to play Alexander the Great for Martin Scorsese
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2001 12:00 AM ET
Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese, who recently teamed up for the upcoming Gangs of New York, will work together again on a biopic of gay warrior Alexander the Great, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Scorsese will direct DiCaprio in a script written by Peter Buchman (Jurassic Park III) and Oscar-winner Christopher McQuarrie (The Usual Suspects). The film focuses on Alexander, who was crowned king of Macedonia following his father's death, and his ambitions to conquer the world, which ultimately led to his downfall. No date has been set for shooting.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?