Leonardo DiCaprio to play Alexander the Great for Martin Scorsese
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 24 2001 12:00 AM ET
Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese, who recently teamed up for the upcoming Gangs of New York, will work together again on a biopic of gay warrior Alexander the Great, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Scorsese will direct DiCaprio in a script written by Peter Buchman (Jurassic Park III) and Oscar-winner Christopher McQuarrie (The Usual Suspects). The film focuses on Alexander, who was crowned king of Macedonia following his father's death, and his ambitions to conquer the world, which ultimately led to his downfall. No date has been set for shooting.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- Michigan: GOP Candidate With Felony-Fetish Arrests Warns Against 'Homosexual Agenda'
- LISTEN: Santorum Frothing Mad That LGBT Activists Have 'Silenced the Church'