Dixon Place hosts "The Artist Ball"
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 08 2001 12:00 AM ET
Gay playwright Craig Lucas and lesbian performance artist Holly Hughes join Steve Buscemi, Blue Man Group, Camryn Manheim, Robert LaFosse, Jane Siberry, Patricia Field, and many more in hosting "The Artist Ball," a fund-raiser for Dixon Place, at Spa, 76 E. 13th Street in New York City. The evening will feature costume contests, raffles (for plane tickets, makeovers, CDs, and more), and music from DJ John-John. Dixon Place is a performance space where such artists as Hughes, Reno, Eve Ensler, the Five Lesbian Brothers, Meredith Monk, and Wallace Shawn have incubated new theater pieces. For more information, call (212) 532-1546.
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Russia's High Court Declares 'Gay Propaganda' Ban Constitutional
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional 51 min 35 sec ago
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs 1 hour 5 min ago
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth 2 hours 3 min ago
- Entertainment News Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad 2 hours 5 min ago
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert on the Pressure for People Like Maria Bello to Come Out 2 hours 24 min ago
- Women Ms. Fit: A Lesbian-Friendly, Feminist Fitness Mag for All Women 2 hours 54 min ago
- Women Who Was Broadway Producer and Lesbian Cheryl Crawford? 2 hours 59 min ago