Stephen Fry to make directorial debut with Waugh adaptation
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 21 2001 12:00 AM ET
Out actor (Wilde, Peter's Friends) and author (The Liar, Moab Is My Washpot) Stephen Fry will soon make his debut as a film director, according to the New York Post. Fry is set to direct a screen adaptation of Evelyn Waugh's novel Vile Bodies, which will be retitled Bright Young Things for the film version. The book deals with high society in 1930s London and the power of the gossip columnists who report on the scene.
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Right-Wing Group Targets Trans-Friendly Federal Nominee
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?