Stephen Fry to make directorial debut with Waugh adaptation
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 21 2001 1:00 AM ET
Out actor (Wilde, Peter's Friends) and author (The Liar, Moab Is My Washpot) Stephen Fry will soon make his debut as a film director, according to the New York Post. Fry is set to direct a screen adaptation of Evelyn Waugh's novel Vile Bodies, which will be retitled Bright Young Things for the film version. The book deals with high society in 1930s London and the power of the gossip columnists who report on the scene.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out