Stephen Fry to make directorial debut with Waugh adaptation
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 21 2001 1:00 AM ET
Out actor (Wilde, Peter's Friends) and author (The Liar, Moab Is My Washpot) Stephen Fry will soon make his debut as a film director, according to the New York Post. Fry is set to direct a screen adaptation of Evelyn Waugh's novel Vile Bodies, which will be retitled Bright Young Things for the film version. The book deals with high society in 1930s London and the power of the gossip columnists who report on the scene.
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy