Stephen Fry to make directorial debut with Waugh adaptation
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 21 2001 1:00 AM ET
Out actor (Wilde, Peter's Friends) and author (The Liar, Moab Is My Washpot) Stephen Fry will soon make his debut as a film director, according to the New York Post. Fry is set to direct a screen adaptation of Evelyn Waugh's novel Vile Bodies, which will be retitled Bright Young Things for the film version. The book deals with high society in 1930s London and the power of the gossip columnists who report on the scene.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- PHOTOS: Love Is Love Continues Capturing Happy Couples
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media