Billy Elliot director Stephen Daldry weds--a woman
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 29 2001 12:00 AM ET
The [London] Guardian reports that Stephen Daldry, director of Billy Elliot and the upcoming The Hours, married a long-term girlfriend in New York in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks. Daldry's heterosexual nuptials came as a surprise to many: Last year he was included on the Pink List, a list of the 50 most influential gay men and women in the United Kingdom. The director said that the couple will live partly in Herforshire and partly in New York. "I love her very much," he said of his new bride, identified only as "Lucy."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View