Billy Elliot director Stephen Daldry weds--a woman
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 29 2001 1:00 AM ET
The [London] Guardian reports that Stephen Daldry, director of Billy Elliot and the upcoming The Hours, married a long-term girlfriend in New York in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks. Daldry's heterosexual nuptials came as a surprise to many: Last year he was included on the Pink List, a list of the 50 most influential gay men and women in the United Kingdom. The director said that the couple will live partly in Herforshire and partly in New York. "I love her very much," he said of his new bride, identified only as "Lucy."
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality