Chicago to begin filming in Toronto
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 30 2001 12:00 AM ET
The long-awaited screen adaptation of the John Kander-Fred Ebb-Bob Fosse musical Chicago is slated to begin filming in Toronto in the next few weeks, according to Playbill.com. Executive-produced by out moguls Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, with a screenplay by gay Oscar winner Bill Condon, Chicago stars Renee Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Richard Gere, Queen Latifah, Christine Baranski, John C. Reilly, and Mya. Filming is expected to begin December 10, although the schedule may change depending on production factors.
In other Zadan-Meron casting news, Variety reports that Broadway star Kristin Chenoweth (You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown) will play Marian the librarian opposite Matthew Broderick's Professor Harold Hill in The Music Man, which Zadan and Meron's Storyline Entertainment is producing for ABC's The Wonderful World of Disney. The made-for-TV musical is scheduled to air during the 2002-2003 season.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride 53 min 17 sec ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 1 hour 19 min ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 1 hour 24 min ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 1 hour 47 min ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 1 hour 49 min ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 2 hours 51 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 2 hours 54 min ago