Chicago to begin filming in Toronto
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 30 2001 12:00 AM ET
The long-awaited screen adaptation of the John Kander-Fred Ebb-Bob Fosse musical Chicago is slated to begin filming in Toronto in the next few weeks, according to Playbill.com. Executive-produced by out moguls Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, with a screenplay by gay Oscar winner Bill Condon, Chicago stars Renee Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Richard Gere, Queen Latifah, Christine Baranski, John C. Reilly, and Mya. Filming is expected to begin December 10, although the schedule may change depending on production factors.
In other Zadan-Meron casting news, Variety reports that Broadway star Kristin Chenoweth (You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown) will play Marian the librarian opposite Matthew Broderick's Professor Harold Hill in The Music Man, which Zadan and Meron's Storyline Entertainment is producing for ABC's The Wonderful World of Disney. The made-for-TV musical is scheduled to air during the 2002-2003 season.
- Year in Review The Advocate's Person of the Year: 'Idiotic' or 'Important?' 43 min 40 sec ago
- Women Kim Basinger is Sleek and Sexy in Pin-Striped Men's Suit December 18 2013 9:50 PM
- Women Op-ed: The Right's War on Christmas - The 2013 Edition! December 18 2013 9:06 PM
- Entertainment News Ian McKellen Surprised Hobbit Fans At Desolation of Smaug Screening December 18 2013 7:07 PM
- Travel Sia Wants You to Help the Street Animals of India December 18 2013 5:23 PM
- Media BBC to Air Buffy The Vampire Slayer Retrospective December 18 2013 4:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Julia Roberts Is the Caboose in an Ellen DeGeneres Conga Line! December 18 2013 4:49 PM