Designer Saint Laurent triggers retirement rumors
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 04 2002 1:00 AM ET
Reuters reports that notoriously reclusive fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent has called a rare news conference for Monday, prompting speculation that the 65-year-old fashion maven may be announcing his retirement. Despite rumors of friction between the two designers, Saint Laurent handed the reins of his ready-to-wear collection to the openly gay Tom Ford, leaving Saint Laurent to design two exclusive haute couture collections each year. Recently Saint Laurent has been in court to block television channel Canal Plus from airing a new documentary by David Teboul on January 24; one sequence reportedly features the designer's mother talking about his homosexuality.
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate