Gus van Sant's Gerry acquired for distribution
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 18 2002 1:00 AM ET
Distribution deals keep coming out of the 2002 Sundance Film Festival, and one of the latest was for Gerry, the new film from gay director Gus van Sant, starring Matt Damon and Casey Affleck. The Web site indieWIRE.com reports that the film was purchased by ThinkFilm, a new distribution player. The company's head of distribution, Mark Urman, dismissed talk that the film is too small or too experimental for theatrical release, saying, "It's big in its ideas and in its imagery and in its ambitions." Release for Gerry is slated for the fall.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- WATCH: Students Silence Antigay Preacher With Song of Love