Gus van Sant's Gerry acquired for distribution
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 18 2002 1:00 AM ET
Distribution deals keep coming out of the 2002 Sundance Film Festival, and one of the latest was for Gerry, the new film from gay director Gus van Sant, starring Matt Damon and Casey Affleck. The Web site indieWIRE.com reports that the film was purchased by ThinkFilm, a new distribution player. The company's head of distribution, Mark Urman, dismissed talk that the film is too small or too experimental for theatrical release, saying, "It's big in its ideas and in its imagery and in its ambitions." Release for Gerry is slated for the fall.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People