Liza: My husband's not gay!
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 30 2002 1:00 AM ET
Responding to allegations that her new husband, David Gest, is gay, Liza Minnelli released a statement to the New York Post's Page Six column asserting that he's straight and that he keeps her satisfied. "I know many of my husband's ex-girlfriends, who will agree that if every man was as good in bed as David, there would be a lot of happy women in the world," said Minnelli. "We moved in together one week after we met--that says it all."
Various elements of Gest's life--his friendships with aging Hollywood starlets, his worship of Shirley Temple, his crystal collection, having drag queens in lieu of strippers at his bachelor party--have been cited by various sources as indications of his alleged homosexuality, but the producer addressed the question on Larry King Live, stating, "I know who I am. That's the important thing. She knows who she is, and we're so in love, we've got our own world." The Post quoted a response from Village Voice columnist Michael Musto, who wondered, "Does she know who he is?"
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- San Francisco Mourns Death of Legendary Drag Performer
- Britney Spears Heartfelt Letter to Once Suicidal Gay Fan
- WATCH: Teen From Disturbing Video Explains How It Started