Whoopi Goldberg vacates the center square
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 16 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that gay icon Whoopi Goldberg has parted ways with Hollywood Squares after failing to come to terms with syndicated distributor King World. "She will not be returning as exec producer or center square for the fifth or sixth season" of the show, said a spokesman for Goldberg. Sources say Goldberg's rift with King World came when the company could no longer meet her price. Writer and costar (and Advocate columnist) Bruce Vilanch has a separate deal, so it is not known whether he will continue to participate in the show.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out