Whoopi Goldberg vacates the center square
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 16 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that gay icon Whoopi Goldberg has parted ways with Hollywood Squares after failing to come to terms with syndicated distributor King World. "She will not be returning as exec producer or center square for the fifth or sixth season" of the show, said a spokesman for Goldberg. Sources say Goldberg's rift with King World came when the company could no longer meet her price. Writer and costar (and Advocate columnist) Bruce Vilanch has a separate deal, so it is not known whether he will continue to participate in the show.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Will PrEP Make Gay Men Stop Using Condoms?