Once and Again fans purchase billboard to save show
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 02 2002 12:00 AM ET
Fans of Once and Again--the acclaimed ABC drama that included a teenage lesbian coming-out story in its final season--continue their campaign to convince the network to renew the canceled series for a fourth season. On Thursday, May 2, a billboard in West Hollywood, Calif., will be unveiled in the hopes that it will convince ABC to let Once and Again continue. "We will not give up our fight," says Lynda Shulman of www.SaveOandA.com. "Once and Again has significant meaning to each of us, and we will continue our fight until ABC/Disney realizes that the program merits a fourth season." The campaign has raised over $20,000 to date--with $12,000 going to pay for the billboard for the month of May--and 41,000 signatures have been collected in protest of the program's cancellation.
The "Save Once and Again Campaign" billboard can be seen at the corner of La Cienega Boulevard and Holloway Drive in West Hollywood.
- LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades
- Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia
- Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death?
- WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video
- Op-ed: The Lasting Impact of Out TV Teens on LGBT Youth
- Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Love and Sex WATCH: First Gay Hug Parodies First Kiss Viral Video 53 min ago
- Religion LGBT Exclusion Costs St. Paddy's Parades 1 hour 2 min ago
- Military Boston Mayor Snubs Homophobic St. Patrick's Day Parade March 16 2014 5:34 PM
- Religion Fred Phelps Ex-Communicated and Near Death? March 16 2014 1:41 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Madonna... in Game of Thrones? March 16 2014 1:12 PM
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM