Once and Again fans purchase billboard to save show
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 01 2002 11:00 PM ET
Fans of Once and Again--the acclaimed ABC drama that included a teenage lesbian coming-out story in its final season--continue their campaign to convince the network to renew the canceled series for a fourth season. On Thursday, May 2, a billboard in West Hollywood, Calif., will be unveiled in the hopes that it will convince ABC to let Once and Again continue. "We will not give up our fight," says Lynda Shulman of www.SaveOandA.com. "Once and Again has significant meaning to each of us, and we will continue our fight until ABC/Disney realizes that the program merits a fourth season." The campaign has raised over $20,000 to date--with $12,000 going to pay for the billboard for the month of May--and 41,000 signatures have been collected in protest of the program's cancellation.
The "Save Once and Again Campaign" billboard can be seen at the corner of La Cienega Boulevard and Holloway Drive in West Hollywood.
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas
- Right-Wing Group Targets Trans-Friendly Federal Nominee
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet