Ron Nyswaner to adapt Trial by Jury for Sam Raimi
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 04 2002 12:00 AM ET
The Hollywood Reporter notes that out screenwriter Ron Nyswaner (Philadelphia) will adapt D. Graham Burnett's nonfiction book Trial by Jury for a film to be directed by Sam Raimi (Spider-Man). Burnett's book deals with his experience as a jury foreman in a gruesome New York murder case that involved transvestism, male prostitution, and a rape. At the end of the trial, the jury spent four days sequestered before delivering a verdict.
Nyswaner has also recently written Soldier's Girl for director Frank Pierson, about the 1999 murder of Pvt. Barry Winchell, who was killed by two fellow soldiers while he was in a relationship with a transgendered woman.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- 40 Under 40: Emerging Voices | Advocate.com
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Past '40 Under 40' Honorees Are Still Changing The World
- Federal Judge Rules Florida's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional