Ron Nyswaner to adapt Trial by Jury for Sam Raimi
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 04 2002 12:00 AM ET
The Hollywood Reporter notes that out screenwriter Ron Nyswaner (Philadelphia) will adapt D. Graham Burnett's nonfiction book Trial by Jury for a film to be directed by Sam Raimi (Spider-Man). Burnett's book deals with his experience as a jury foreman in a gruesome New York murder case that involved transvestism, male prostitution, and a rape. At the end of the trial, the jury spent four days sequestered before delivering a verdict.
Nyswaner has also recently written Soldier's Girl for director Frank Pierson, about the 1999 murder of Pvt. Barry Winchell, who was killed by two fellow soldiers while he was in a relationship with a transgendered woman.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion