Ron Nyswaner to adapt Trial by Jury for Sam Raimi
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 04 2002 12:00 AM ET
The Hollywood Reporter notes that out screenwriter Ron Nyswaner (Philadelphia) will adapt D. Graham Burnett's nonfiction book Trial by Jury for a film to be directed by Sam Raimi (Spider-Man). Burnett's book deals with his experience as a jury foreman in a gruesome New York murder case that involved transvestism, male prostitution, and a rape. At the end of the trial, the jury spent four days sequestered before delivering a verdict.
Nyswaner has also recently written Soldier's Girl for director Frank Pierson, about the 1999 murder of Pvt. Barry Winchell, who was killed by two fellow soldiers while he was in a relationship with a transgendered woman.
- WATCH: The Cure for Gay Wedding-Related Depression
- Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship
- Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy
- Op-ed: Human Sexuality Is More Than Gay And Straight
- 25 Rare Photos of Jinkx Monsoon Before "Drag Superstardom"
- Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Current Issue The South's Longer Wait for Equality 17 min 24 sec ago
- Current Issue Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You 17 min 24 sec ago
- Current Issue The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue 17 min 24 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM
- Hate-crimes WATCH: Vigil for Hate Crime Victim Mark Carson May 19 2013 1:01 PM