Ron Nyswaner to adapt Trial by Jury for Sam Raimi
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 04 2002 12:00 AM ET
The Hollywood Reporter notes that out screenwriter Ron Nyswaner (Philadelphia) will adapt D. Graham Burnett's nonfiction book Trial by Jury for a film to be directed by Sam Raimi (Spider-Man). Burnett's book deals with his experience as a jury foreman in a gruesome New York murder case that involved transvestism, male prostitution, and a rape. At the end of the trial, the jury spent four days sequestered before delivering a verdict.
Nyswaner has also recently written Soldier's Girl for director Frank Pierson, about the 1999 murder of Pvt. Barry Winchell, who was killed by two fellow soldiers while he was in a relationship with a transgendered woman.
- Pride at Work Tells HRC: ‘Enough Is Enough’
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Jenny Boylan Tells Caitlyn Jenner: 'Don't Be a Stupid' Woman
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage