Gay club bars battlin' Boy George
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 22 2002 12:00 AM ET
The [London] Evening Standard reports that Boy George has been barred from Soho gay club Sweet Suite following two fistfights in two days, both of which involved the androgynous singer flooring someone in a bare-knuckle fight. One source at the club said, "George is quite the gay-clubbing icon, but he was in quite a bad way that night--in a real hissy fit--and just really struck out. He's quite a strong guy, and one of the members of staff from the club just went flying. He went unconscious straight away. George has always been welcome here in the past--but we can't have people carrying on like that here." A club manager told reporters, "We are in talks with our lawyers at the moment, who have instructed us not to say anything." George told the Standard, "No comment; talk to my lawyers." His lawyers, Clintons of London, were not available for comment.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children