Report: George Michael to compose theme for 2004 Olympics in Athens
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 18 2002 12:00 AM ET
The New York Post reports that out singer George Michael says that he's been selected to compose the theme song for the 2004 Olympics in Athens. Michael--whose birth name, Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou, is Greek--told the Post, "I hope it really comes off. It would make my dad really proud." The International Olympic Committee would not comment directly on the selection of Michael saying that an IOC press officer would release a statement later this week.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Interception: Clemson Football Coach Withdraws From Antigay Fundraiser