Rupert Everett sought for drag role in Belles of St. Trinian's remake
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 29 2002 12:00 AM ET
A remake of the classic 1954 comedy The Belles of St. Trinian's is in the works, and Ealing Studios wants Rupert Everett to play the headmistress, reports BBC News. The original film, about a boarding school that trained its female students in the art of crime, starred Alistair Sim as the school's headmistress and as her ne'er-do-well brother. According to Screen International, Ealing co-owner Barnaby Thompson has approached Everett about the role and is also hoping to cast Kylie Minogue as one of the students.
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication