Rupert Everett sought for drag role in Belles of St. Trinian's remake
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 28 2002 11:00 PM ET
A remake of the classic 1954 comedy The Belles of St. Trinian's is in the works, and Ealing Studios wants Rupert Everett to play the headmistress, reports BBC News. The original film, about a boarding school that trained its female students in the art of crime, starred Alistair Sim as the school's headmistress and as her ne'er-do-well brother. According to Screen International, Ealing co-owner Barnaby Thompson has approached Everett about the role and is also hoping to cast Kylie Minogue as one of the students.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment