Rupert Everett sought for drag role in Belles of St. Trinian's remake
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 29 2002 12:00 AM ET
A remake of the classic 1954 comedy The Belles of St. Trinian's is in the works, and Ealing Studios wants Rupert Everett to play the headmistress, reports BBC News. The original film, about a boarding school that trained its female students in the art of crime, starred Alistair Sim as the school's headmistress and as her ne'er-do-well brother. According to Screen International, Ealing co-owner Barnaby Thompson has approached Everett about the role and is also hoping to cast Kylie Minogue as one of the students.
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Which State's Marriage Equality Proposal Will Make SCOTUS Say 'I Do?'