Todd Holland negotiating hefty new TV deal
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 18 2002 12:00 AM ET
Openly gay Emmy-winning director Todd Holland (Malcolm in the Middle) is negotiating a "mid-seven-figure" contract with Regency Television and 20th Century Fox Television, reports Variety. The new pact would call for Holland to create, develop, executive-produce, and direct new projects for both studios while continuing on as executive producer and director of Malcolm.
"[Holland] brings a real creative vision and style from the director's chair, and he likes to do things that are a little off-center and strange," says Regency Television president Pete Aronson. Dana Walden at Fox concurs: "He has really been at the top of every director list we've put together for the last four pilot seasons. He's a great developer because he understands how to work with writers to get scripts where they need to be." Holland is already at work on a show for next season in collaboration with out writer Bryan Fuller (NBC's upcoming Carrie remake).
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM