Todd Holland negotiating hefty new TV deal
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 18 2002 12:00 AM ET
Openly gay Emmy-winning director Todd Holland (Malcolm in the Middle) is negotiating a "mid-seven-figure" contract with Regency Television and 20th Century Fox Television, reports Variety. The new pact would call for Holland to create, develop, executive-produce, and direct new projects for both studios while continuing on as executive producer and director of Malcolm.
"[Holland] brings a real creative vision and style from the director's chair, and he likes to do things that are a little off-center and strange," says Regency Television president Pete Aronson. Dana Walden at Fox concurs: "He has really been at the top of every director list we've put together for the last four pilot seasons. He's a great developer because he understands how to work with writers to get scripts where they need to be." Holland is already at work on a show for next season in collaboration with out writer Bryan Fuller (NBC's upcoming Carrie remake).
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- How to Date an HIV-Negative Guy