Todd Holland negotiating hefty new TV deal
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 17 2002 11:00 PM ET
Openly gay Emmy-winning director Todd Holland (Malcolm in the Middle) is negotiating a "mid-seven-figure" contract with Regency Television and 20th Century Fox Television, reports Variety. The new pact would call for Holland to create, develop, executive-produce, and direct new projects for both studios while continuing on as executive producer and director of Malcolm.
"[Holland] brings a real creative vision and style from the director's chair, and he likes to do things that are a little off-center and strange," says Regency Television president Pete Aronson. Dana Walden at Fox concurs: "He has really been at the top of every director list we've put together for the last four pilot seasons. He's a great developer because he understands how to work with writers to get scripts where they need to be." Holland is already at work on a show for next season in collaboration with out writer Bryan Fuller (NBC's upcoming Carrie remake).
- Politics Gay Former Republican Congressman Condemns Interparty Discrimination 11 min 23 sec ago
- World News Putin Tightens Grip on Kremlin-Run News Agencies 16 min 19 sec ago
- Film Redbox Picks Up Bridegroom Despite Rule Against Documentaries 25 min 11 sec ago
- Travel Super Seniors of the Palm Springs Follies Prepare for the End 29 min 30 sec ago
- Acceptance Matters WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon 38 min 56 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor 43 min 10 sec ago
- Television WATCH: The Super Trailer for RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6 1 hour 32 min ago