HRC to release Being Out Rocks CD on National Coming Out Day
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 02 2002 12:00 AM ET
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation and Centaur Entertainment will release Being Out Rocks on October 11 to celebrate National Coming Out Day. The album will benefit HRC and features a cross section of GLBT and straight artists, including k.d. lang, Sarah McLachlan, Cyndi Lauper, Rufus Wainwright, Ani DiFranco, Janis Ian, Sam Harris, Suede, Catie Curtis, the B-52's, Bob Mould, Queen, Cris Williamson, Matt Zarley, the Butchies, Taylor Dayne, Harvey Fierstein, SONiA, Dar Williams, Jade Esteban Estrada, and Kevin Aviance. "I am proud to be a part of this important effort to show that you can live an out, open, and successful life," said lang in a press release. "Coming out is an immensely enabling process, and people should not be afraid to be open about who they are."
- Panic! at the Disco Counters Westboro Baptist Church Picket With Donation
- Shocking Increase in HIV Diagnosis Rate Among Young Gay, Bi Men
- Don't Look a Gift Unicorn In the Mouth
- WATCH: Do Kids Movies Push The 'Gay Agenda'?
- Fox Pundit: Obama Forcing 'Militant LGBT Agenda' on Christians
- GLAAD Studio Responsibility Index Reveals Lack of LGBT Visibility