HRC to release Being Out Rocks CD on National Coming Out Day
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 01 2002 11:00 PM ET
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation and Centaur Entertainment will release Being Out Rocks on October 11 to celebrate National Coming Out Day. The album will benefit HRC and features a cross section of GLBT and straight artists, including k.d. lang, Sarah McLachlan, Cyndi Lauper, Rufus Wainwright, Ani DiFranco, Janis Ian, Sam Harris, Suede, Catie Curtis, the B-52's, Bob Mould, Queen, Cris Williamson, Matt Zarley, the Butchies, Taylor Dayne, Harvey Fierstein, SONiA, Dar Williams, Jade Esteban Estrada, and Kevin Aviance. "I am proud to be a part of this important effort to show that you can live an out, open, and successful life," said lang in a press release. "Coming out is an immensely enabling process, and people should not be afraid to be open about who they are."
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?