HRC to release Being Out Rocks CD on National Coming Out Day
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 02 2002 12:00 AM ET
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation and Centaur Entertainment will release Being Out Rocks on October 11 to celebrate National Coming Out Day. The album will benefit HRC and features a cross section of GLBT and straight artists, including k.d. lang, Sarah McLachlan, Cyndi Lauper, Rufus Wainwright, Ani DiFranco, Janis Ian, Sam Harris, Suede, Catie Curtis, the B-52's, Bob Mould, Queen, Cris Williamson, Matt Zarley, the Butchies, Taylor Dayne, Harvey Fierstein, SONiA, Dar Williams, Jade Esteban Estrada, and Kevin Aviance. "I am proud to be a part of this important effort to show that you can live an out, open, and successful life," said lang in a press release. "Coming out is an immensely enabling process, and people should not be afraid to be open about who they are."
- New Antigay Children's Book Teaches Kids to Hate LGBT Families
- WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea Deal, Girlfriend's Parents Say They Had No Choice
- Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying?
- Robbie Rogers Becomes First Openly Gay Major League Soccer Player
- Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky'
- Artist Spotlight: Christopher Sousa
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Television Jason Collins Calls It a 'Slam-Dunk!' and More Fake Gay Reviews for Behind the Candelabra 14 min 8 sec ago
- Food and Drink Want to Eat a Hot Dog Named After Harvey Fierstein? 50 min 19 sec ago
- Marriage Equality French Marriage Equality Opponent 'Very Scared' Of Right-Wing Backlash 3:02 PM
- Entertainment News Augusten Burroughs Shows Off Wedding Rings 1:56 PM
- Women WATCH: Kaitlyn Hunt Rejects Plea, Victim's Parents Speak 1:21 PM
- Washington D.C. White House to Host Pride Reception June 13 12:44 PM
- Politics Virginia's Lt. Gov. Nominee Says Gays Are 'Ikky' 12:35 PM