Frankie and Johnny turns a profit
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 02 2002 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that the revival of gay playwright Terrence McNally's Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune is the first commercial production of the Broadway season to recoup its capitalization. The revival, starring Stanley Tucci and Edie Falco, went into the black after only 6 1/2 weeks of regular performances. "Our timing was fortuitous, right when Edie's show [The Sopranos] was getting all this publicity," said producer Michael Rego. "People are craving this kind of a romantic evening in the theater."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model