Russell T. Davies's new show posits the Messiah as soccer fan
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 06 2002 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that out British TV mogul Russell T. Davies--who previously courted controversy with his gay-themed series Queer as Folk and Bob and Rose--will return to ITV in early 2003 with a show about Jesus Christ returning as a soccer fan. The Second Coming will star Christopher Eccleston (24 Hour Party People, The Others) as a video shop worker and supporter of Manchester's soccer club. Found starving after spending 40 days and 40 nights alone on the Yorkshire moors, he proclaims himself to be the Son of God and has five days to help the human race create a Third Testament lest they face Judgment Day. "Talk about risky projects," said Eccleston. "I think it's fantastic."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'