Russell T. Davies's new show posits the Messiah as soccer fan
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 06 2002 1:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that out British TV mogul Russell T. Davies--who previously courted controversy with his gay-themed series Queer as Folk and Bob and Rose--will return to ITV in early 2003 with a show about Jesus Christ returning as a soccer fan. The Second Coming will star Christopher Eccleston (24 Hour Party People, The Others) as a video shop worker and supporter of Manchester's soccer club. Found starving after spending 40 days and 40 nights alone on the Yorkshire moors, he proclaims himself to be the Son of God and has five days to help the human race create a Third Testament lest they face Judgment Day. "Talk about risky projects," said Eccleston. "I think it's fantastic."
- Op-ed: The Fine Line Between Gay Pride and Alcoholism
- WATCH: Fox News Discovers Viewers Not as Transphobic as Hosts
- Op-ed: Christian Schools Like Gordon College Don't Need a License to Discriminate
- Department of Education Offers Antitrans University a 'Religious Exemption'
- Laverne Cox: The Making of an Icon
- The A-List Interview: Keira Knightley