Russell T. Davies's new show posits the Messiah as soccer fan
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 06 2002 1:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that out British TV mogul Russell T. Davies--who previously courted controversy with his gay-themed series Queer as Folk and Bob and Rose--will return to ITV in early 2003 with a show about Jesus Christ returning as a soccer fan. The Second Coming will star Christopher Eccleston (24 Hour Party People, The Others) as a video shop worker and supporter of Manchester's soccer club. Found starving after spending 40 days and 40 nights alone on the Yorkshire moors, he proclaims himself to be the Son of God and has five days to help the human race create a Third Testament lest they face Judgment Day. "Talk about risky projects," said Eccleston. "I think it's fantastic."
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Smith College Now Admits Trans Women