Dumbledore casting remains up in the air for Harry Potter
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 03 2003 1:00 AM ET
Until Warner Bros. actually announces who will be stepping in for the late Richard Harris, it seems that a flurry of speculation will continue in the press. TV Guide Online reports that the studio has denied a report from E! Online that Michael Gambon (Gosford Park) would be stepping into the role. The TV Guide story also claims that out actor Sir Ian McKellen is being considered to play the headmaster of Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, but McKellen's official Web site says, "Ian McKellen has NOT agreed to succeed the late Richard Harris in the role of Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies. He has expressed interest in perhaps playing a different role some time in the future of the series."
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Think NOM Is Dead? Think Again