Dumbledore casting remains up in the air for Harry Potter
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 03 2003 1:00 AM ET
Until Warner Bros. actually announces who will be stepping in for the late Richard Harris, it seems that a flurry of speculation will continue in the press. TV Guide Online reports that the studio has denied a report from E! Online that Michael Gambon (Gosford Park) would be stepping into the role. The TV Guide story also claims that out actor Sir Ian McKellen is being considered to play the headmaster of Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, but McKellen's official Web site says, "Ian McKellen has NOT agreed to succeed the late Richard Harris in the role of Dumbledore in the Harry Potter movies. He has expressed interest in perhaps playing a different role some time in the future of the series."
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel