Stainton replaces Schumacher at Disney animation
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 04 2003 1:00 AM ET
In a major reshuffling at Disney, Daily Variety reported Friday that David Stainton will replace Tom Schumacher as president of Walt Disney animation. Schumacher, the out talent behind such animated megahits as The Lion King and Tarzan, will relocate to New York City to head up stage theatricals for the studio. Stainton, 41, has been president of Walt Disney Television Animation since January 2001 and previously was senior vice president of creative affairs in feature animation. According to Variety, the animation unit has been under particularly close scrutiny ever since Disney had to take a $74 million pretax write-down on its failed Thanksgiving animated feature Treasure Planet.
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- In Their Own Words: Men of Color Explain Why They Take PrEP