Stainton replaces Schumacher at Disney animation
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 04 2003 1:00 AM ET
In a major reshuffling at Disney, Daily Variety reported Friday that David Stainton will replace Tom Schumacher as president of Walt Disney animation. Schumacher, the out talent behind such animated megahits as The Lion King and Tarzan, will relocate to New York City to head up stage theatricals for the studio. Stainton, 41, has been president of Walt Disney Television Animation since January 2001 and previously was senior vice president of creative affairs in feature animation. According to Variety, the animation unit has been under particularly close scrutiny ever since Disney had to take a $74 million pretax write-down on its failed Thanksgiving animated feature Treasure Planet.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple