Stainton replaces Schumacher at Disney animation
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 04 2003 1:00 AM ET
In a major reshuffling at Disney, Daily Variety reported Friday that David Stainton will replace Tom Schumacher as president of Walt Disney animation. Schumacher, the out talent behind such animated megahits as The Lion King and Tarzan, will relocate to New York City to head up stage theatricals for the studio. Stainton, 41, has been president of Walt Disney Television Animation since January 2001 and previously was senior vice president of creative affairs in feature animation. According to Variety, the animation unit has been under particularly close scrutiny ever since Disney had to take a $74 million pretax write-down on its failed Thanksgiving animated feature Treasure Planet.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule
- WATCH: Protestors Argue With Supporters of Antigay Michigan Repairman
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman