Stainton replaces Schumacher at Disney animation
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 04 2003 12:00 AM ET
In a major reshuffling at Disney, Daily Variety reported Friday that David Stainton will replace Tom Schumacher as president of Walt Disney animation. Schumacher, the out talent behind such animated megahits as The Lion King and Tarzan, will relocate to New York City to head up stage theatricals for the studio. Stainton, 41, has been president of Walt Disney Television Animation since January 2001 and previously was senior vice president of creative affairs in feature animation. According to Variety, the animation unit has been under particularly close scrutiny ever since Disney had to take a $74 million pretax write-down on its failed Thanksgiving animated feature Treasure Planet.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'