The New York Times promotes Frank Rich
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2003 1:00 AM ET
The Washington Post reports that columnist Frank Rich has been appointed associate editor of The New York Times. Rich will return to the Arts and Leisure section to write a weekly column and to help plan coverage. The 53-year-old Rich, who has been frequently sympathetic to gay causes, last year sold the rights to his memoirs to out producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Chicago).
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- 'God's Not Afraid of New Things,' Pope Tells Antigay Bishops