The New York Times promotes Frank Rich
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2003 1:00 AM ET
The Washington Post reports that columnist Frank Rich has been appointed associate editor of The New York Times. Rich will return to the Arts and Leisure section to write a weekly column and to help plan coverage. The 53-year-old Rich, who has been frequently sympathetic to gay causes, last year sold the rights to his memoirs to out producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Chicago).
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban