The New York Times promotes Frank Rich
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2003 1:00 AM ET
The Washington Post reports that columnist Frank Rich has been appointed associate editor of The New York Times. Rich will return to the Arts and Leisure section to write a weekly column and to help plan coverage. The 53-year-old Rich, who has been frequently sympathetic to gay causes, last year sold the rights to his memoirs to out producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron (Chicago).
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet