Evie Harris, Miss Coco Peru, Varla Jean Merman share Best Actress prize at U.S. Comedy Arts Festival
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 06 2003 1:00 AM ET
Drag artists Evie Harris (Jack Plotnick), Miss Coco Peru (Clinton Leupp), and Varla Jean Merman (Jeffrey Roberson) shared the Best Actress award at the recently concluded U.S. Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen, Colo., reports indieWIRE.com. The three divas were honored for their starring turns in the comedy Girls Will Be Girls, which premiered earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival. The gay-inclusive comedy Bend It Like Beckham won the jury award for Best Feature.
- WATCH: Texas Airline Crowd Tackles Antigay Attacker
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Alaska High Schooler: Congressman's Apology 'Doesn't Mean Crap'
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- WATCH: Ellen Predicts the World Series With Male Strippers