Nathan Lane and Keri Russell to star in Cabbages and Queens
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 26 2003 12:00 AM ET
Former Felicity star Keri Russell and out Tony-winner Nathan Lane will star in the British comedy feature Cabbages and Queens, which begins shooting in July. Russell will play an American documentary filmmaker in London who is assigned a story on a quirky British theater group. While masquerading as a stage manager, she unwittingly becomes involved in a jewel heist. She attempts to thwart it along with some help from suicidal thespian Gerard (Lane). Rounding out the cast are British actors Simon Callow (the openly gay star of Maurice, A Room With a View, and several other Merchant Ivory pictures), Darren Boyd, Brian Blessed, Greg Wise, and Emilia Fox. John Henderson (The Water Giant) will direct.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Reporter Gerrick Kennedy Finds The Music You're Going To Love
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Op-ed: In Mass. Politics, Love Now Dares to Speak Its Name