Elton John considers extended stint in Vegas
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 15 2003 11:00 PM ET
Out pop legend Sir Elton John is considering following in the footsteps of Celine Dion and making a long-term commitment to performing in Las Vegas, reports Billboard. John is currently in talks to headline at the Colosseum at Caesar's Palace for three years for a $54 million payday. His Vegas run would begin in 2004, but there has been no announcement how his shows would coordinate with Dion's five-nights-weekly appearances at the Colosseum.
"[Elton John is] perfect for Vegas," says Gary Bongiovanni, editor of Pollstar magazine, which tracks concert ticket sales. "He's going to appeal to older fans that presumably would be willing to drop some money at the tables. He's got a pretty significant work ethic too. He's been out all over the place."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View