Elton John considers extended stint in Vegas
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 15 2003 11:00 PM ET
Out pop legend Sir Elton John is considering following in the footsteps of Celine Dion and making a long-term commitment to performing in Las Vegas, reports Billboard. John is currently in talks to headline at the Colosseum at Caesar's Palace for three years for a $54 million payday. His Vegas run would begin in 2004, but there has been no announcement how his shows would coordinate with Dion's five-nights-weekly appearances at the Colosseum.
"[Elton John is] perfect for Vegas," says Gary Bongiovanni, editor of Pollstar magazine, which tracks concert ticket sales. "He's going to appeal to older fans that presumably would be willing to drop some money at the tables. He's got a pretty significant work ethic too. He's been out all over the place."
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas?
- WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant
- WATCH: Pat Robertson Says Pray for Gays 'Recruited' By Child Abuse
- Religion WATCH: Pat Robertson Says Pray for Gays 'Recruited' By Child Abuse 1 hour 32 min ago
- Women WATCH: Idina Menzel's Female Empowerment Anthem from Frozen 2 hours 6 min ago
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: What's the Next Hot Destination? 2 hours 54 min ago
- Internet WATCH: What Do These Gay Hockey Players Want for Christmas? 2:50 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Glenn Beck Has Gay Friends, So He's Not Intolerant 2:44 PM
- Women Op-ed: Remembering Mandela 2:04 PM
- Marriage Equality Illinois Family Institute Compares Marriage Equality to Junk Food 1:21 PM