Rent celebrates 3,000 Broadway performances Friday
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
On Friday, July 11, the gay- and AIDS-inclusive musical Rent will achieve the rare achievement of 3,000 performances on Broadway, reports Playbill.com. The musical by the late Jonathan Larson won the Best Musical Tony award and the Pulitzer Prize for Drama in 1996. Rent--a modern-day adaptation of La Bohème featuring a cast of artists, intellectuals, gays, lesbians, drag queens, and people living with HIV--has also toured North America extensively.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- WATCH: A Straight Wedding Morphs Into a Gay Proposal
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series